Southside Electric Cooperative, headquartered in Crewe, Virginia, is a member-owned rural electric utility which provides electric services to more than 56,000 homes and businesses in portions of Amelia, Appomattox, Bedford, Brunswick, Buckingham, Campbell, Charlotte, Chesterfield, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Nottoway, Pittsylvania, Powhatan, Prince Edward, Prince George and Sussex counties; the towns of Altavista, Hurt, Crewe, Blackstone, Kenbridge and South Hill; and the city of Petersburg.
The Cooperative has four district offices and its service territory spans approximately 180 miles from the City of Petersburg to Bedford County (east to west), and 90 miles from Powhatan County to approximately 16 miles from the North Carolina line (north to south).
We will achieve high results through a motivated, skilled, and knowledgeable workforce that takes pride in ownership of its work and is prepared to take Southside Electric Cooperative into the future years.
- E-Verify Participation (English Version)
- E-Verify Participation (Spanish Version)
- Right to Work (English Version)
Southside Electric Cooperative currently has several open positions.
Please scroll down for the link to the required SEC Application for Employment and important Instructions for Application.
All positions close at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the closing date indicated below.
APPARATUS TECHNICIAN, ALTAVISTA, VA (Closes 01/30/2020)
MEMBER & PUBLIC RELATIONS
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, POWHATAN, VA (Closes 02/07/2020)
GIS SPECIALIST, HEADQUARTERS, CREWE, VA (Closes 02/10/2020)
FINANCE & CORPORATE SERVICES
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS TECHNICIAN, CREWE, VA (CLOSES 02/28/2020)
WAREHOUSE CLERK, DINWIDDIE, VA (CLOSES 02/28/2020)
We only accept applications and resumes for posted positions.
TO ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
which are provided below these forms PRIOR to beginning your application process.
SEC Application for Employment (Required for all positions)
Driver Application (Required for Apparatus Technician, Buildings & Grounds Technician, and Warehouse Clerk positions)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
SOUTHSIDE ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER
NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
A completed Southside Electric Cooperative Application for Employment is required of everyone applying to our open position(s).
The forms provided are fillable forms and may include: required fields; formatted fields such as telephone numbers; radio buttons; calendar date selection fields; signature fields; and submit buttons.
To ensure access to the fillable form as designed, complete the following steps exactly as written. This is particularly critical to applicants using Google Chrome and is recommended for everyone:
Click to open the SEC Application for Employment on the Careers page.
Save the blank application to your computer with this format: LastName, FirstName SEC Application, Position Title.
Close the application after you have saved it to your computer.
Open the application from the saved location on your computer.
Verify that the application has opened in If the correct fillable format: there should be a small orange indicator arrow at the signature line on page five. The submit button on page five should be bright blue.
If the application is in the correct format as indicated above, you may proceed to complete your application.
If you do not see the orange arrow at the signature line, CLOSE the blank application, then from your computer, right-click on the application and select Open With and choose Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
All steps in this process are critical. If any step is omitted, the application may not open in the correct fillable format.
If you do not see the signature arrow on page five, please repeat the process.
ATTENTION GOOGLE CHROME USERS! If you do not save the application with a unique name prior to beginning the application, the moment you click “Save”, all data you have entered will be deleted. This is a Chrome issue that we cannot control. We recommend that you "Print to PDF" as an alternate method of saving your document.
When the SEC Application for Employment is complete, click on the bright blue “SUBMIT APPLICATION” button under your signature on page five. This may prompt you to select Outlook or Webmail (Gmail, Yahoo, aol, etc.) as your email tool. Once selected, your default email service will open with the application attached. At this point you may attach your resume and cover letter.
If your email service does not create the new email with the application attached, please email the completed application and any additional forms or documents such as resume` and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax the completed application to (434) 645-3202 or bring the completed application to our Headquarters office in Crewe. It is not necessary to call to report difficulty, simply utilize one of the other methods to transmit your documents.
Additional tips for success:
- If you have difficulty with the application process, please read and follow these instructions fully.
- When emailing, be sure to include your full name and the position title in the subject line.
- Be sure to include your full name and document type in ALL attachments. For example: Smith, Adam SEC Application; Smith, Adam Driver Application; Smith, Adam Resume; Smith, Adam Cover Letter.
- If you are applying for more than one position, your application file name should reflect that. For example, Smith, Adam SEC Application Line Technician; Smith, Adam SEC Application Apparatus Technician. If you are providing a different resume or cover letter for each position, the position should also be included in the file name along with your name. Please send applications to different positions in separate emails.
- Please be specific when stating referral source on the application including website name or social media platform. If you are referred by an employee of SEC, please provide the employee's name. If you heard about the position online, please be specific as to where online your found it.
All Voluntary Self-Identify forms are optional. The name field at the bottom of each Self-Identify page is to be printed, not signed. These forms are also fillable, therefore, please follow steps 1 through 4 as for the SEC Application for Employment to access the correct fillable version.
Applications and forms completed online and emailed forms are preferred, however, job seekers may also use any of the following methods for submitting their completed application. Emailed applications and documents must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
- FAX completed applications to (434) 645-3202.
- Bring the completed forms to our Headquarters office located at 2000 W. Virginia Ave, Crewe, VA.
- We do not accept applications at our District offices in Altavista, Crewe, Dinwiddie, or Powhatan.
- We do not accept mailed applications.
- We do not accept applications or related documents that have been photographed and submitted as jpg, jpeg, png, rtf, or any other related file type.
Title VI Statement of Non-Discrimination
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, or disability. Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at https://www.ascr.usda.gov/filing-program-discrimination-complaint-usda-customer and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed complaint form or letter to USDA by:
- mail for discrimination complaints only: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410;
- fax for discrimination complaints only: (202) 690-7442; or
- email for discrimination complaints only: email@example.com.
Effective Date: June 2, 2015
Updated January 17, 2020