Jacob H. McCann
Vice President, SEC Human Resources, since 2020
Responsible for policies and programs covering employment, compensation, benefits, payroll, performance management, training and
development, employee relations, recruiting and retention, and compliance with applicable federal, state, and local employment laws.
Works with the President/CEO and other members of the management team to build and manage the Human Resources function of SEC.
Employed by SEC since 2014.
Started with SEC in 2014 as SEC’s first Community Relations Coordinator
- In 2017, promoted to Director of Community Relations
- In 2019, transitioned to Director of Human Resource
- In 2021, completed requirements and earned the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential
- BS from Ferrum College (2005)
- MBA from ECPI University (2018)
- Holds CKAE (Certified Key Accounts Executive) designation
- Completed NRECA’s Management Internship Program (MIP)
- Prior to working for SEC, worked for the City of Danville and the City of Virginia Beach