Southside Electric Cooperative, your Cooperative, continues to closely monitor the changing Coronavirus pandemic and the effects it is having on our members, the communities we serve and our valued employees. Based on the most recent updated information from health and government officials of the Commonwealth of Virginia and also the federal level, SEC will close all its district offices to the public. Our district offices in Altavista, Crewe, Dinwiddie and Powhatan will close at the end of business this Friday, March 27, 2020. All district offices will remain closed to members until further notice. The decision to reopen will, as throughout this crisis, be based on facts and recommendations from health and government leaders at the local, state and federal levels.
The decision to close our district offices, while a difficult one, was made taking into consideration the health, safety and welfare of our members, communities and employees which will always paramount in this unprecedented health emergency.
While offices will be closed the business of SEC will not. SEC will continue work in these challenging times to provide our members the exceptional service they deserve. Our dedicated linemen and service employees will maintain our electric system, ensuring that the electricity our members depend on will continue to flow. That means linemen will continue making line repairs, updating equipment and responding to outages. It means member service representatives will still be available and ready by phone to assist members with their accounts.
During this time, members can make payments using any of the following methods:
- By phone using SEC’s automated payment system or with the help of a member service representative by calling 1-800-552-2118.
- On our website at www.sec.coop.
- Using our Smart Hub mobile app.
- In cash using our 24/7 payment kiosks located at each district office.
- NOTE: These kiosks will be on a recommended sanitizing schedule for the health and safety of our members. Please also keep in mind that no sanitizing protocol is foolproof and it is the personal responsibility of each of us to take the proper safeguards in order to minimize the potential exposure to the Coronavirus.
Thank you, our Cooperative members, for your understanding and patience as we all work together to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus and, ultimately, as we see this pandemic come to an end and we can return to a sense of normalcy in our daily lives.
Submitted by lloyd.lenhart on Wed, 03/25/2020 - 7:37pm